Re: [gNewSense-users] Username and password for Gnewsense 3.0 live image

From: Sam Geeraerts
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] Username and password for Gnewsense 3.0 live image?
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2013 20:46:40 +0200

Op Tue, 13 Aug 2013 09:25:10 -0400
schreef "D. A. H." <address@hidden>:

> I am trying to run the subject live system, using the orca screen
> reader for accessibility;a m blind.  When I boot the system and start
> orca, I go through the initial screen reader setup, and am asked to
> log out and back in.  When I log back in, what username and password
> should I use? I've tried a bunch of combinations of username and
> password 'debian', 'live', 'user', 'live', 'gnewsense', 'lliveuser'...

I added the necessary credentials to our download page [1].

> Is there a menu option or boot command that starts orca in live
> session, that is not documented?

According to the live-boot manpage [2] setting boot parameter "access"
to v1, v2 or v3 should set the accessibility level for visually
impaired users. I didn't notice any changes when I used it.

[1] http://www.gnewsense.org/Main/Download
[2]
http://manpages.debian.net/cgi-bin/man.cgi?query=live-boot&apropos=0&sektion=0&manpath=Debian%206.0%20squeeze&format=html&locale=en