Re: [gNewSense-users] Thunderbird spell checker

From: sam2025
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] Thunderbird spell checker
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2013 00:53:46 -0400

Thanks rsiddharth, I am spell checking now:)

The dictionary fix add-on didn't fix my issue (gave me a "can't copy file" error) but the link you provided pointed me to http://kb.mozillazine.org/Dictionaries#Troubleshooting which has steps to manually install a dictionary. It worked. I think it was all a permission issue. The files had to be copied to /usr/lib/thunderbird/dictionaries (admin rights).
I thought about using gNewSense 3.0 Beta 2 but the "Beta" part stopped me.
Since I don't know what I am doing, I opted for the older version hoping it would have more documentation/support.

Ok, 1 issue resolved, 3 more to go.
  thanks again

rsiddharth wrote:
Hello,

Hey Sam,

I just installed Thunderbird (2.0.0.24 via the "Add/Remove
Applications" window) and I can't figure out how to add a spell
checked (English).

Check if this link solves the problem: http://journal.mozdev.org/dictfix.html

Also, gNewSense 2.3 (the present stable version) is pretty old. I
recommend that you install gNewSens 3.0 Beta 2:

          http://cdimage.gnewsense.org/

Thanks.