[gNewSense-users] On installation of Parkes

From: YAMAMOTO Kentaro
Subject: [gNewSense-users] On installation of Parkes
Date: Wed, 29 May 2013 20:05:21 +0900

Hello everyone,

I am using Lemote Yeelong 8089B with gnewsense metad on it, and
considering updating the distribution.  I have the following questions
regarding this.

1. Is it possible for me to update the distribution by using apt, not
by booting from USB or something?

2. Do I have to use debootstrapping to install parkes from scratch, or
can I boot from USB flash memory?

3. It seems that Debian now ships with blob-free Linux.  In what way
is Parks different from the version of Debian (I believe it's Squeeze)
on which it is based?

I would be grateful if you could answer these questions.

Regards,
--
YAMAMOTO Kentaro <address@hidden>