Re: [gNewSense-users] How connect to my WinXP-Home machine with firewall

From: Sam Geeraerts
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] How connect to my WinXP-Home machine with firewall?
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2011 13:46:50 +0200

Snoopys Woodstock wrote:
when i disable the firewall in gNewSense then I can easaly connect to
the home network. How could I do this with enabled firewall?

By "connect to the home network" do you mean access shared folders on other computers?

What firewall are you using? gNewSense does not block any network traffic by default. You can check your firewall settings by running "sudo iptables -L" in a terminal.