Re: [gNewSense-users] How to install Gnewsense on a Yeelong Notebook wit

From: Snoopys Woodstock
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] How to install Gnewsense on a Yeelong Notebook without CD-rom?
Date: Sat, 2 Jul 2011 20:45:32 +0100 (BST)

>      http://www.gnewsense.org/Projects/GNewSenseToMIPS describes two
>      ways of installing gNewSense on YeeLoong (one doesn't work now).

debootstrap works, the installer doesn't (but booting as described on
the wiki page is useful for running debootstrap).
<< Looks too complicated for a beginner like me, sorry

>      Installation media is typically booted via USB disk or TFTP.
>      --How can I format an USB to ect2 when I use WinXPHome?
I don't know other methods than using a GNU/Linux LiveCD.
<< Wich brings us back to the external CD-Rom, right? I mean if I have a live CD and a External CD-Rom, then the installation of Gnewsense on the Notebook would be very easy, wouldn't it?