Re: [gNewSense-users] I am unable to boot from vmlinuz-2.6.33.3-libre-le

From: Christophe Jarry
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] I am unable to boot from vmlinuz-2.6.33.3-libre-lemote since upgrade
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2011 21:07:42 +0200

> It's a problem only for videos?  I never had good video playing results
> on gNewSense mipsel.

The problem with videos is the one I noticed. It seems my `uptime` is a bit
higher when I use linux-libre 2.6.37 compared with version 2.6.33.3.
To be able to view videos on my Yeeloong, they must be of reduced resolution
and/or quality.

> Your /etc/fstab in the first message was for 2.6.37 and you used
> different one for 2.6.33.3?

Before I reboot on linux-libre 2.6.33.3, I just do the following:

    sudo sed -i 's/sda/hda/' /etc/fstab

Then I reboot.

> The same filesystems worked with 2.6.33.3 before the upgrade?

Yes, it was the one I used before I install linux-libre 2.6.37.

Thanks Michał for helping me on this!

Christophe