Re: [gNewSense-users] Problems in installing recent LKOS

From: Aurelien Desbrieres
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] Problems in installing recent LKOS
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2011 09:54:30 +0100

On Thu, 2011-01-20 at 11:55 -0800, arun prasath wrote:
> Dear All,
> I tried installing the latest  LKOS based on linux-libre-2.6.37
> http://www.fscorsica.org/libre-kernel-optimization-solution.html on
> gNS deltah. I was not able to install linux-headers-2.6.37. I do not
> remember the error message ,it was something like this: short read in
> buffer_copy failed to open pipe  . After that I extracted the contents
> of the deb package using the command dpkg -X . I found that the file
> in
> linux-headers-2.6.37-libre-planet/usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.37-libre-planet/include/linux/pci.h
>  was incomplete i.e erraneous.But the file include in the linux libre 2.6.37
> kernel source was fine. I do not know  the cause of this error.
>
> Similarly I was not able to install the kernel image properly.  I
> found the image of  the kernel. It was installed .But there was no
> initrd.img file corresponding to the kernel.
> I went on rebooting but I got Kernel panic message.
>  After that I tried to create initramfs for the kernel. I made it. But
> X display did not start after the boot.
> My version of the dpkg is:1.14.16.6ubuntu (i386)
> Could anybody help me?
>
> With Best regards,
> ArunPrasath  V

At this time i do not know the cause of the error too.

At this time i can tell you that it works on a server on my left and
some more computer arround and i don't have anytrouble with it at this
time.

Why don't you have just make :: dpkg -i on the 3 files i provides??
(headers image source)?

http://www.fscorsica.org/lkos-en.html get the lkos for gnewsense.

I'll have a look on them now.

Thanks for your report.