Re: [gNewSense-users] Wired network problems with Atheros 8152

From: arun prasath
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] Wired network problems with Atheros 8152
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2011 07:07:43 -0800 (PST)

Dear Desbrieres and Graziano,
I tried to install the kernel linux -libre-2.6.37 as suggested.But I am not able to do so.The kernel 2.6.24-24 generic has not been replaced by the new kernel.
I am quoting the error messages:"sudo: unable to resolve host $HOSTNAME .
short read in buffer_copy (backend dpkg-deb during `./boot/vmlinuz-2.6.37-libre-planet'.
....... updating /boot/grub/menu.lst.
".
I also give the output of cat /etc/hosts
"127.0.0.1 localhost
127.0.1.1 "name".
"
I really do not know what to do now.Any help will be greatly appreciated.

With Best Regards,
ArunPrasath V