Re: [gNewSense-users] Computer Won't Boot

From: Harry
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] Computer Won't Boot
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2010 17:09:55 -0500

Thanks again. I used cfdisk and was able to make the changes. When I finished
and tried to write though, cfdisk responded with an error, it said it was able
to write but not able to reread or something like that. Then, when I exited and
used sudo partprobe, I got this:

Error: Error informing the kernel about modifications to partition /dev/sda2 --
Device or resource busy.  This means Linux won't know about any changes you made
 to /dev/sda2 until you reboot -- so you shouldn't mount it or use it in any way
 before rebooting.
Warning: The kernel was unable to re-read the partition table on /dev/sda (Devic
e or resource busy).  This means Linux won't know anything about the modificatio
ns you made until you reboot.  You should reboot your computer before doing anyt
hing with /dev/sda.

Should I continue with the process anyways?

Also, regarding the signature, it's actually easy to remove, I just did it on
this message. You'd be surprised what one can do with an iPhone - I dual boot
mine with Android Froyo, have a terminal emulator, etc. I also have access to
Cydia, a port of APT to the iPhone that works just like it does on Linux, and
nothing can be rejected from this because anyone can create a repository. Not
to mention booting almost any x86 OS like Linux or Windows 95 with Bochs.
Jailbreaking is completely legal too, a DMCA exception was approved
specifically allowing jailbreaking and unlocking of phones. Plus, I don't have
to fight updates to the OS that close jailbreak holes, because the smart people
at the iPhone Dev Team figured out a way to exploit the bootrom, which can't be
fixed in a software update.