[gNewSense-users] grub loader and w32 ?bug? and fix

From: anoglad
Subject: [gNewSense-users] grub loader and w32 ?bug? and fix
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2010 16:34:00 +0100

Hello,

I installed gNewSense with the gNewSenseInstaller from windows [1]. Everything
worked fine, execept that i couldn't see Windows in the grub loader anymore
(not bad for me, but for my parents). I read a little bit ... bla bla ... All i
had to do was to run grub-mkconfig > /boot/grub/grub.cfg to see windows in the
boot loader.

I had this problem on two computers, so i think this problem is common.

I wrote an email to the gNewSenseInstaller maintainer [2]

Could someone add this installer to the wiki? That's a very comfortable way to
switch to freedom.

thx

[1] http://goodbye-microsoft.com/
[2] address@hidden http://goodbye-microsoft.com/more.html