Re: [gNewSense-users] Solution for watching video clips in web pages wit

From: Ivaylo Valkov
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] Solution for watching video clips in web pages without flash - Linterna Mágica
Date: Mon, 06 Sep 2010 11:10:49 +0300

Vladimir B. Tsarkov writes:

> sudo apt-get install totem-mozilla
>
> None of the plugins is seen on "about:plugins" page...
> I do not know how to fix it.

Did you restart the browser after installation? If this does not solve
the problem I do not know what will. The plugins should also be visible
trough the "Tools/Add-ons" menu where you can enable/disable them.

I will recommend you not to install all the plugins. There is some bug
(or it seems to me) when there is more than one plugin installed in
Gecko/FF/IceCat (and Epiphany/WebKit too). The information provided by
the plugins for the mime types is overlapping and misleading. This way
the web controls will not work. Other than that I am not sure are there
any problems.

> If you push the "Save video clip" button, it is easy to download the
>youtube clips. Afterwards I use xine to view them

That is the purpose of the button, I find the whole process
inconvenient. If it suits you, then OK.