Re: [gNewSense-users] metad grub-pc source

From: Sam Geeraerts
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] metad grub-pc source
Date: Wed, 01 Sep 2010 13:03:55 +0200

Nic Alvaro schreef:
> I recently got curious on how I could configure my linux terminals to
> use a certain resolution. I believe the answer lies in the grub2 option
> gfxpayload. I decided to download the source from the gnewsense
> repository using "apt-get source grub-pc" and I got the source for
> grub2-1.98~20091212 which is not the current version available at
> archive.gnewsense.org. What gives?

1.98 was introduced to get GRUB working on the Yeeloong. Only mipsel
binaries were built. To get the source for x86 try

apt-get source grub2=1.97+20091130-1

> My sources.list lists this repository:
> deb-src http://archive.gnewsense.org/gnewsense-metad/gnewsense metad
> main
>
> After reading the changelog I thought that this might be the version
> that has better support for what I want. I decided to compile it with
> "fakeroot dh install" . It errors off with:
>
> cp: cannot stat `debian/tmp/build/grub-firmware-qemu/grub.bin': No such
> file or directory
> dh_install: cp -a debian/tmp/build/grub-firmware-qemu/grub.bin
> debian/grub-firmware-qemu/usr/share/qemu/ returned exit code 1
>
> Any tips?

You could also try the Debian Squeeze/Sid package, using a newer version
is on our todo list anyway [1].

[1] http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?28931