Re: [gNewSense-users] new install on Yeeloong, using xfce

From: Federico Bruni
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] new install on Yeeloong, using xfce
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2010 19:58:38 +0200

Il giorno dom, 25/07/2010 alle 17.30 +0200, al3xu5 / dotcommon ha
scritto:

> So, the first step to me is to choose the most suitable graphical
> environment (the better compromise among resources consumption, simple
> setup and configuration, and features). To do this, I have run some
> tests to compare some lightweight graphical environments (I will
> publish a detailed report soon).

I'm looking forward to read it.

> As a lightweight login manager, I suggest using slim, which also has a
> gNewSense theme. See:
> http://wiki.gnewsense.org/ArtworkTeam/ArtworkTeam#toc5

Recently - after an upgrade of the slim package - I've realized that F1
works fine if I use one of the default themes.
I mean, it works also with gnewsense theme, but I can't see which
desktop manager I've switched to.. so I have to guess.

Can you fix it? :-)
(I've tried to understand it by myself, by comparing two themes, but I
was not successful)

Ciao,
Federico