[gNewSense-users] Re: Buying a Lemote Yeeloong in Australia

From: Peter Axon
Subject: [gNewSense-users] Re: Buying a Lemote Yeeloong in Australia
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2010 20:43:52 +1000

Hi All,

It has been brought to my attention that in order to supply computers
with WIFI to the Australian market you need to have the machine
certified by ACMA (Australian Communications and Media
Authority). After doing some research into this I have found that it
is too expensive for me to do. As such I (libretools.com) will no
longer be acting as a reseller for Lemote products in Australia.

AFAIK there is no need for certification if you are just importing for
your own personal use so I recommend purchasing directly from
Lemote. They are pretty easy to deal with.

Sorry if this has caused anyone trouble.

Peter