[gNewSense-users] Installing Programs that are not in the Repos .

From: R.Siddharth
Subject: [gNewSense-users] Installing Programs that are not in the Repos .
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2010 18:08:47 +0530

Given the fact that i am a novice in using the gnu/linux system ,
I just had this question in mind for long and here it is :

Can i install programs that are not in the repos ? . How will I do it .
For instance the version of emacs that is available in the default repos
is emacs v22.1 , but after visiting the emacs's webpage i found that
version 23.1 was out . So is there a way for me to install this (emacs
v23.1) in my comp running gNewSense 2.3 .

--
R.Siddharth.