[gNewSense-users] wallpaper larger than rest of gnome

From: Steven DuBois
Subject: [gNewSense-users] wallpaper larger than rest of gnome
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 2010 22:34:56 -0500

I've been having a problem ever since I switched from vesa to intel.
Sometimes when I boot, GDM is 1024x768 in the top left hand corner,
while the tan background is at 1280x800. When I log in, my wallpaper is
at 1280x800, but the rest of gnome is at 1024x768 in the top left
corner.

Sometimes everything is in 1280x800 like it should be, but other times
it isn't. The only solution I have found for this issue is to restart X
when GDM starts.

This issue appears to have been fixed, but it is either persisting or my
problem is unrelated.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xserver-xorg-video-intel/+bug/152416

Any help or advice on this annoying little problem would be appreciated.

-Steven