Re: [gNewSense-users] installing packages

From: Luis Felipe Lopez Acevedo
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] installing packages
Date: Fri, 02 Oct 2009 10:40:08 -0500

El jue, 01-10-2009 a las 11:53 -0500, Gaspar Núñez escribió:
> Hi
>
> Finally i installed GNewSense in my laptop

Excellent!

> 1. version 2.3 does not have the option "Guided resize partition",
> so when one uses the "Guided use entire disk", everything is gone,
> i think the "guided resize partition" should be kept

I see 4 options in the step to prepare disk space:

Guided - resize
Guided - use entire disk
Guided - use largest continous free space
Manual

If, for example, you use the first one, you can keep the operating
system you currently use.

> 2. Epiphany does not perform verywell, some pages are not well
> displayed
> and it is not possible to read them, then i need to install Firefox,

What pages? Could it be that those pages use SWF content? This format
is not fully supported.

Epiphany uses the same rendering engine (Gecko) as Firefox. So, pages
written with standards should display the same and well.

We don't use Firefox because it recomends non-free software to users.
But you can use IceCat[1], a free software version of Firefox.

1. http://wiki.gnewsense.org/Documentation/IceCat