Re: [gNewSense-users] instaling gnewsense

From: Jason Self
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] instaling gnewsense
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 17:49:36 -0700

On Sep 30, 2009, at 5:25 PM, Luis Felipe Lopez Acevedo wrote:

The way to access the BIOS is not the same for every computer. You
should contact Toshiba support and ask them how to do it.

Another option is looking at the screen when when you first power the computer on. Most will indicate which key you need to old down to enter the BIOS (or some call it "Setup") and even some let you hold down a different key to select a different startup device without entering the BIOS (with my laptop, the DEL button lets me select a different startup device while F11 sends me to the BIOS.)

So just watch your screen closely. It may only appear very briefly.