Re: [gNewSense-users] Tomboy/Netbeans/jdk

From: Ice Cube
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] Tomboy/Netbeans/jdk
Date: Sat, 05 Sep 2009 16:57:52 +0200

On Sat, 2009-09-05 at 19:40 +0530, R.Siddharth wrote:
> Hi everyone ,
> I am planning to make a switch from ubuntu Jaunty to gNewSense 2.2 .
> There are few things that I want to know before I erase my existing
> OS(s) , Does gNewSense allow Tomboy to be used ?  . Though Tomboy is
> under the Gnome project , I have my doubts since it is written in C# and
> uses Novell's Mono Rune time Environment  which of late got into some
> trouble .  I am also learning  Java and I use Netbeans IDE and open-jdk
> for writing programs , is Netbeans and open-jdk accepted in the
> gNewSense community  , If no ,  I would like to be made aware of a
> alternative  for the IDE and the jdk (java).
>
> Thanks for your time and help .

I am just a user ... and nothing more!
(I hope I am free to help!)

But to try to respond to the questions :

About netbeans as it seems that I can have it from a sudo apt-get
install netbeans (on the gnewsense server only I am), I think you can
use it.

For open-jdk ... I go to the web site
http://openjdk.java.net/legal/gplv2+ce.html

As I don't now (at this time) if that sort of licence are in use under
gNS, I can't respond anymore for my level of knowledge.

For Tomboy ... it's already install! (it's possible I install it later
than the installation time during another installation package)

I hope that can help you for starting & I think the
http://www.gnewsense.org is another way to find your response or the
#gnewsense chanel on freenode.

Have a happy hacking day!