Re: [gNewSense-users] Re: Where's laptop advice? I started a wiki page..

From: Sam Geeraerts
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] Re: Where's laptop advice? I started a wiki page...
Date: Thu, 03 Sep 2009 22:27:23 +0200

Ciaran O'Riordan schreef:
Done: http://wiki.gnewsense.org/Main/LaptopGuide

I've done my best to make it clear that anything less than perfection is a
problem.  Comments welcome, additions sought (I've already exhausted my
relevant technical knowledge).

Thanks for making the distinction.

It'd be nice to have some more detail. Just a comment "everything works" could leave doubt about whether that means "everything I need/use works" or "I've spent several hours testing every feature of each component and they all work admirably". How about two sections: one with free BIOS, one with non-free BIOS and each with a table that has a column for each of the usual suspects (wifi, 3D, card reader, ...). Initialize with "?" and fill with "Y"/"N"/"n.a." when tested. (Software) version numbers and a maturity level can also be useful in some cases (e.g. I think 3D on the Yeeloong should work in theory, but the driver still needs some work afaik).