Re: [gNewSense-users] Re: Is ZIP a free file format?

From: crap0101
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] Re: Is ZIP a free file format?
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2009 22:31:53 +0200

Il giorno ven, 28/08/2009 alle 18.54 +0200, Sam Geeraerts ha scritto:
> crap0101 schreef:
> > [1] ( 3º ) same as the follow [2]:
> >         4º - The zip-2.32/macos/source/recurse.c and
> >         zip-2.32/macos/source/recurse.h
> >         licenses are, in my opinion, unclear:
> >
> >         "
> >         Copyright (c) 1995-1998 Jim Luther and Apple Computer, Inc.
> >         **  All rights reserved.
> >         **
> >         **  You may incorporate this sample code into your applications
> >         without
> >         **  restriction, though the sample code has been provided "AS
> >         IS" and the
> >         **  responsibility for its operation is 100% yours.
> > "
> > is/are really unclear, we should contact the author or info-zip.
>
> What's unclear about it? It looks to me like a "do what you want + no
> warranty" license.

well, i'm not sure if relevant, but i think the sentence "You may
incorporate this sample code into your applications without restriction"
means incorporate only, not modification, ecc.. Also, "responsibility
for its operation is 100% your" seems referring to the above-mentioned
incorporation, so (maybe i don't get it) it doesn't permit explicitly
nothing else.