[gNewSense-users] Cyrillic presentation in gNS wiki

From: Dmitri Gabinski
Subject: [gNewSense-users] Cyrillic presentation in gNS wiki
Date: Fri, 06 Feb 2009 13:02:20 +0200

Hi!

I cannot understand, how I can contract the site admin(s), so am posting here.

When trying to edit Russian wiki pages (via Firefox 3.1 beta2, if that matters), I encounter the following problem: Cyrillic characters are replaced with HTML surrogates, thus becoming such chains as Для удаления и Editing is is way too labor-consuming and you cannot, for example, use spell check.

Look, it’s the XXI century, why not use Unicode?

Best regards,

Dmitri Gabinski