Re: [gNewSense-users] Modified logo for gNewSense: see if you like it!

From: Sam Geeraerts
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] Modified logo for gNewSense: see if you like it!
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2008 20:08:43 +0100

Luis Felipe Lopez Acevedo wrote:
Hello all,

I'd like to know what you think about this. You can see the logo and related
artwork here:

Proposed Artwork for
gNewSense<http://wiki.gnewsense.org/ArtworkPlan/Propose>(I'm sirgazil)

There's a thread in the forum about this too:

New gNewSense Artwork<http://wiki.gnewsense.org/ForumMain/NewGNewSenseArtwork>

And in the gnewsense-art mailing list:

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/gnewsense-art/2008-11/msg00006.html

It's very good. I have some questions about the artwork itself, but I'll post them (soon) in the thread you started on the gNS-art mailing list.

It sounds like you want this to replace the (also very good) theme we currently have in the short term. It seems a bit strange to me to replace the artwork of a version that has already been released. Would there be any particular reason for that?

On the other hand, it's a bit of a waste not to use it or to just have it as an additional theme. A new release based on 8.10 and with the new theme would be ideal, but that's probably not going to happen.