Re: [gNewSense-users] Ethernet nor recognized.

From: Karl Goetz
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] Ethernet nor recognized.
Date: Fri, 03 Oct 2008 11:30:38 +0930

On Thu, 2008-10-02 at 20:27 -0500, Faryshta wrote:
> Hi I am a user of linux since 2 years ago with the Ubuntu
> distribution. Today I installed Gnewsense on a new partition of a Dell
> computer to check out and progresivly make it my default distro.

welcome in.

> The problem is that there is no ethernet on the machine (it works with
> ubuntu) and I would like to know if there is some way to make it work.

What sort of card is it?
if you run `lspci |grep Eth` it should tell you.

> Besides that I would like to know if there is some way  to make work
> the GPU nVidia GeForce 6150 LE and if there will be a next release
> with the now free 3D drivers.

Someone else can give a proper answer on the video, but i dont belive
the free nvidia driver is used (its available though i think).

With the next point release, hopefully we get GLX back as well.

There will be a next release, just not in the short term.
kk

--
Karl Goetz <address@hidden>