[gNewSense-users] Re: pre-compiled linux-libre 2.6.27-rc5 packages for a

From: Ali Gunduz
Subject: [gNewSense-users] Re: pre-compiled linux-libre 2.6.27-rc5 packages for atheros wireless support
Date: Sat, 6 Sep 2008 22:41:00 +0300

I see the Asus Eee PC as a great opportunity for the free software
movement. It basically provides cheap and standart hardware that can
be accessed in many parts of the world and used with a free
software-only system.

I hope to compile a much smaller kernel package that is Eee-specific
and a complete how-to for newcoming gNS users with Eee PCs. My only
question is about its ethernet support. Although atl2 is not listed in
neither FSF's working nor non-working list, it works with gNS 2.1.
Does anyone have an idea about its status?

Ali