Re: [gNewSense-users] Re: VLC is non free?

From: Ivan Ivanov
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] Re: VLC is non free?
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2008 23:31:11 +0300

На Thu, 07 Aug 2008 20:47:42 +0300
Yavor Doganov <address@hidden> написа:

> Is there really free software (and prominent one like VLC!) in
> multiverse?  If so, that is yet another reason why deriving from
> Ubuntu is a very bad idea.

Unfortunately many distros treat software, that includes patented in
the USA technologies as non-free, because we're all livin' in America,
you know...

I agree, that forking from Ubuntu is not a good Idea, but in this case,
the question is not what from we are forking, but how we are forking
from it, because deriving from Fedora will cause the same problem.