[gNewSense-users] Re: Yet another bug-fix to kfv.el 0.7

From: Danny Clark
Subject: [gNewSense-users] Re: Yet another bug-fix to kfv.el 0.7
Date: Wed, 02 Jul 2008 16:40:16 -0400

Bake Timmons wrote:
>>> I have been unable so far to find a report on this bug, so, of course,
>>> I will file a bug report on Emacs 22 at some upstream point.
>>>
>> OK, I was wrong.  What happens is that "config" triggers a "Conf" mode
>> that interferes somehow with KFV Mode.  Now at least I can imagine how
>> to better deal with this.
>>

> Attached is yet another patched version of kfv.el 0.7 that solves the
> "config" name problem that Sam reported.  That bug--which I now feel
> is a bug in kfv.el and not in Emacs 22--is more serious than I stated.
> I suspect other names besides "config" could trigger similar problems.
> The fix I have here forces Emacs to leave alone our choice of names in
> which to save our KFV work.

Trying to figure out what the latest recommended-for-general-use version
of kfv.el is - this, the one uploaded to
http://wiki.gnewsense.org/Kernel/Kfv-script also marked as 0.7, or the
one marked 0.8 up at http://download.gna.org/pfv-mode/kfv.el -- going by
dates, it would be the last of those.

It looks like this is mostly of academic interest at the moment, since
it looks like 100% of the Ubuntu-hardy-linux-ubuntu-modules-2-6-24-16-23
files have been looked at, and there are just a few lingering questions
regarding specific files left.