[gNewSense-users] Dual CPU recognition?

From: J.B. Nicholson-Owens
Subject: [gNewSense-users] Dual CPU recognition?
Date: Thu, 15 May 2008 23:47:15 -0500

I'm running gNewSense GNU/Linux on an old ASUS P2B-D with 2 CPUs (2 500MHz Pentium IIIs) and 1GB RAM. If I'm interpreting the following correctly, gNewSense's Linux kernel only sees one of the two CPUs:

$ cat /proc/cpuinfo
processor       : 0
vendor_id       : GenuineIntel
cpu family      : 6
model           : 7
model name      : Pentium III (Katmai)
stepping        : 3
cpu MHz         : 551.264
cache size      : 512 KB
fdiv_bug        : no
hlt_bug         : no
f00f_bug        : no
coma_bug        : no
fpu             : yes
fpu_exception   : yes
cpuid level     : 2
wp              : yes
flags : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 mmx fxsr sse
bogomips        : 1103.65
clflush size    : 32

Which kernel package should I use so that I can use both CPUs? Or is this a side-effect of not distributing non-free code (code which would have allowed the Linux kernel to use both CPUs is not included)?