Re: [gNewSense-users] KFV firmware freedom check

From: Alexandre Oliva
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] KFV firmware freedom check
Date: Fri, 09 May 2008 16:36:49 -0300

On May  8, 2008, jeff <address@hidden> wrote:

> Yes, use linux-libre.

Done, thanks.  I've published linux-2.6.2[345]-libre.tar.bz2
yesterday, following the linux-libre naming convention we agreed upon
on private IRC conversations, after naming advice from Alan Cox on
fedora-devel.

> Is this where you want to store the kernel sources?
> http://www.fsfla.org/~lxoliva/snapshots/linux-libre/src/

Yes, at least for now.  We're discussing at FSFLA formalizing our
participation in this project and creating a mailing list for this
purpose, where of course you and anyone else interested in linux-libre
is going to be welcome.  Once there's formal involvement, I'll
probably move these files into some other non-invidivual location,
although I'll make sure to set up a redirect if I do so.  Alternately,
I could just grab the sources elsewhere for my "Freed ora" :-) kernel
builds.

> Huge thanks,

Likewise ;-)

Cheers,