Re: [gNewSense-users] KFV question no licence or author

From: Bake Timmons
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] KFV question no licence or author
Date: Fri, 04 Apr 2008 18:28:15 -0400

> A work "Under the GPL" needs no clarification. a work without a
> copyright notice should get clarificatio.

Although I have documented files with GPL2 in this case for KFV, I am
perfectly happy simply repeating "Under the GPL", *especially* since the
script I use always includes the original file comment to remove all
doubts.

> We can only distribute under GPL2 in the context of Linux. if you take
> the same  GPL'd code (with no GPL version specified) you could then
> include it in a GPL3 project and distribute it as GPL3.
> kk

I agree about the Linux context and would be happy to agree with the
rest.  Fortunately for KFV, the Linux context is good enough.