Re: [gNewSense-users] Re: gNewSense group in launchpad

From: Mathieu Stumpf
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] Re: gNewSense group in launchpad
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 21:53:10 +0100

> Arguing that the gNewSense project is being hypocritical for filing
> bugs on launchpad is about as stupid as arguing that this mailing list
> is hypocritical because some of the people on it use Gmail,

Is there free and 100% compatible alternative to gmail? I think so. Here
is the whole point I think. You can post on this mailling list using a
@microsoft.com or a @gnu.org mail. You are not jailed with any specific
mail service provider. The day you want to change, you can.

With LP, if I well understand (I never used it so I don't know anything
about it), you have to use the only provider which have a LP service and
if tomorow they ask you to pay to keep your account enabled you'll be
trapped. I don't say it will ever happen, I just explain you why having
a gmail account isn't a trape as is having a LP account.