|Subject:||Re: [gNewSense-users] IMPORTANT: Formating error with the fmt.sh script & Problems with the kpvtab.py|
|Date:||Mon, 17 Mar 2008 14:23:27 +0800|
|User-agent:||Thunderbird 184.108.40.206ubu (X11/20080306)|
Bake Timmons wrote:
Thank you very much for your suggestions !I personaly think this could be easily 'scripted', what do you think?Thanks for the new script! The output is clearly more useful now for scripts, and there is less room for error, such as in the Emacs Lisp that I have been writing. Of course, I have adjusted my own output according to your changes. Replacing "." with "-" is good since it easy to reconstruct, as you have suggested. I have overlooked "_", so thanks for addressing that. "_" is not as easy as "." since it could be at many other places besides the last hyphen. Of course, we have few options for "_" other than "-". We already have the biggest improvements, so I will make just make a minor observation. An option for "_" such as "---" is ugly, but since it would show up in only markup, the rendered wiki page *appearance* would not suffer at all just as in the "--" case. "---" is practically unambiguous since "-/" and "/-" rarely occur in whole path names--I found no such path on my system. A URL with "---" would look weird, but it would be less confusing than "-", since its very unfamiliarity signals to anyone editing markup that it is substituting for another character, just as "--" does. However, I can understand why some may feel that "---" is just too weird, so I am happy with just "-". :)
Have you an idea on how to solve Marco's problem, that is, how it is possible that the table generated by the script (the old one without '--' nor '_' replacing) gave him this:
for the script-generated url, instead of:
I would be very interested if you knew why the absolute path (home-marco-linux_2.6.24-8.13-ubuntu-hardy-) has been added.
The attached script is the same that I sent to you last time, only comments have changed.
|[Prev in Thread]||Current Thread||[Next in Thread]|