Re: [gNewSense-users] Hermetic build patch

From: Brian Brazil
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] Hermetic build patch
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2008 23:35:47 +0000

On Sat, Mar 15, 2008 at 11:27 PM, Karl Goetz <address@hidden> wrote:
On Fri, 2008-03-14 at 18:23 +0000, Brian Brazil wrote:
> I've finally managed to get hermatic builds working, which makes
> Builder much nicer and also fixes bug 105.
>
> The diff is attached, does anyone have any comments before I submit
> and push it?

just a few querys:

* I notice all the chroot commands are just 'chroot blah'. i assume
you've set up the chroot to match the host users/groups wise? (similarly
with the APTGET variable - now its chrooted you can use a custom
config?)

It's all done as root, so no need.
Also, the chroots remove the need for APTGET, as the different source.lists and related state can be kept within the chroot.

* in what situation does DONT_CHROOT need to be set?

For any gen-script that must be run outside the chroot (i.e. anything that needs to run reprepro).
Most don't, so it's easier to do this than rewrite them all.

* the mode change at the end - wont that make the 3 information files
+x? the rest of the files are already +x.

Yes

Brian

kk