Re: [gNewSense-users] using 'gobuntu' tag on bugs.

From: Matthew Flaschen
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] using 'gobuntu' tag on bugs.
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2008 21:42:07 -0400

Chris Andrew wrote:
Karl,

Nothing whatsoever against Gobuntu, but why not just file the bugs
with the related package maintainer?

I found some guidelines here for reporting kernel bugs:

http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/docs/lkml/reporting-bugs.html

The Linux kernel is not necessarily going to remove non-free code. They have a history of knowingly tolerating embedded firmware. Canonical /should/ remove it from Gobuntu (probably moving it to restricted) if it is reported to Launchpad. I think tagging with gobuntu sounds reasonable, unless the Ubuntu devs object.

And, yes, Launchpad is non-free, but I support using it to improve Gobuntu/Ubuntu.

Matt Flaschen