Re: [gNewSense-users] KFV section names maintenance problem

From: Bake Timmons
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] KFV section names maintenance problem
Date: Wed, 05 Mar 2008 19:54:55 -0500

> hi!
> For the next sections we can use a string type like ones posted by Karl,
> or is better to decide an unique string-type?

I now think even more important than everyone doing the same thing is
just being *precise*, i.e., a section URL should indicate, by *some*
syntactical rules, the *exact* corresponding pathname.  However
unattractive verbose URLs might be at first, the unattractiveness will
never end up mattering.  E.g., they do not hinder people from shopping
at popular websites--people just select a simple link.  I just noticed
that the markup is simple enough:

link text]], [[#anchor]]

Thus, if we wanted a "pretty" (i.e., short) link, we could do, for example:

[[Ubuntu-hardyKernelLinux-2.6.24DriversZorro | zorro]]

instead of

[[Ubuntu-hardy-zorro]]

Yes, it's more work *up front*, but I think it will save more work and
headaches in the long run.

What kind of unique string type do you have in mind?  Perhaps it is
better than what has been proposed so far.