Re: [gNewSense-users] GPLv2 and GPLv3 incompatible (was: Trademarks In g

From: Markus Laire
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] GPLv2 and GPLv3 incompatible (was: Trademarks In gNewSense...)
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2007 18:36:21 +0200

Kevin Dean wrote:
Joerg pointed something else out to me that we REALLY need to look
into when gNewSense 2.0 comes around.

There are a BUNCH of applications that have GPLv2 or later and some
projects will upgrade to version 3. However, 2 and three are
incompatible, (like the CDDL and GPL) and some upgrades might actually
make the software undistributable in binary form. :P

Isn't that a problem only for "GPLv2 only" applications, and not for "GPLv2 or later" applications?

Since GPLv3 is included in "GPLv2 or later", I don't think "GPLv2 or later" can be incompatible with GPLv3.

--
Markus Laire