[gNewSense-users] SPLITTERS! PFV- Package Freedom section size.

From: Chris Andrew
Subject: [gNewSense-users] SPLITTERS! PFV- Package Freedom section size.
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2007 15:49:16 +0100

Hi, all.

I'm aware that some of the sections that have been verified, or need
to be verified, are a bit big.  Can I suggest that if anybody has more
than 30 packages in a section, that they split the section up.

This requires the application of some common sense!  For example, it
appears that MAIN/ U has 33 packages.  I personally would leave it
like this.

Conversely, MAIN/ L has 743 packages (way to go, Odder), so I would
really URGE sections of that size to be split.

It is great that people have taken ownership of sections of this size,
but if they decide they can't help us, in the future, it will be
really difficult to find people to take these sections on.

It goes without saying that if you have already checked loads of
packages, then you will still have your name next to them in the new
smaller sections, you won't miss-out on the credit :-).

I hope everyone understands why I think this would be a good idea, and
hope you will help.

Still loads of packages not owned, if anyone can help.  Looks like
MAIN/ T may have a new friend.  I'm sure he'll announce on the list
when he's ready to commit.

Many thanks.

Cheers,

Chris.