[gNewSense-users] PFV: There's 15 libr in main, not 5...well, maybe not,

From: Brian Kemp
Subject: [gNewSense-users] PFV: There's 15 libr in main, not 5...well, maybe not, but I'm still confused
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 21:54:16 -0400

So I'm confused. I've grabbed libr for that quick win...

http://archive.gnewsense.org/gnewsense/pool/main/libr/ lists 5 packages.

libraw1394
libregexp-java
libroman-perl
librsvg
librsync

Synaptic/Aptitude's section on Libraries has 15 packages beginning with "libr".

Where are the other 10 coming from?

libraptor1
librasqal0
libraw1394-5
librdf0
libreadline5
librecode0
libregexp-java
libreiserfs0.3-0
libroken16-heimdal
librpm4
librrd2
librsvg2-2
librsvg2-common
librsync1
libruby1.8

I can only assume that they are accounted for somewhere, but need I
determine where? Is it an issue? I can guess that (for example)
libruby1.8 might be in Main/r with any other ruby packages.

I'm going to verify the 5 in pool. Is this right? I don't know how all
the packaging stuff works (I suppose that's the best part about it).

I can verify all 15 packages, but I'd have to install about half of
them to do so.

Thanks,
--BK
(I'll be on IRC momentarily)