Re: [gNewSense-users] Screenshots on the wiki? + new "Installing gNewSen

From: Ringo Kamens
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] Screenshots on the wiki? + new "Installing gNewSense" article
Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2007 05:42:32 -0400

I did it during the install where is asks you how to partition the
drive. I chose manual and tried shrinking the size of the os x
partition (plenty of room to do so) and it got stalled on the resize.
Eventually, it spit out that the operation failed but no more
information. Maybe other people have had better luck? When I loaded up
the partition manager later I believe it was just like the partition
manager had never touched the disk (gparted is what is used during
install I think?). This was an Apple Laptop (silver). Think it was a
macbook.

No, we didn't get it to work. My suggestion (if you're partitioning,
you should do this anyways) is to back the disk up on an external
drive. Then wipe the internal, re-partition, and copy the data back
over. I know some people have had success with edgy under OSX in
parallels. As for backing up and re-partitioning don't ask me for help
on the back-up or restore, I have no idea how to do it.
Comrade Ringo Kamens
On 6/16/07, Michael Fötsch <address@hidden> wrote:
Ringo Kamens wrote:
 >> Does anyone know whether the gNewSense installer is able to resize
 >> Mac
 >> OS X partitions on Intel-based Macs? Is dual-booting possible there?
> I don't think it can. I wasn't able to do it in Ubuntu Edgy so I doubt
> gnewsense can do it.

Did you manage to do it in some other way (separate partitioning tool or
whatever)? Did you follow any instructions that we could link to from
the tutorial?

Kind Regards,
M.F.