Re: [gNewSense-users] Glossy GNU ?

From: Matthew Flaschen
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] Glossy GNU ?
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2007 21:35:45 -0400

Karl Goetz wrote:
> One thing that is required for a distribution to be FSF free is not
> hosting non-free content in its repositories - and i dont see ubuntu
> loosing multiverse or restricted.

If they make a separate GNUbuntu repository without unfree software, I
will tolerate multiverse and restricted staying in the Ubuntu repository.

> Unless they deliberately break binary compatibility between the two
> versions, the new ubuntu winds up non-free by default.

I don't know exactly what you mean.  Making it free will probably
necessitate breaking compatibility, but that's not itself a criteria to me.

Matthew Flaschen