Re: [gNewSense-users] Just some ideas

From: rek2GNU/Linux
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] Just some ideas
Date: Thu, 08 Feb 2007 22:36:17 -0600

Hi Ringo, this is Chris Fernandez
we will love if you could help us at binaryfreedom, we discussed in the last meeting similar things to what you say, some of our ideas are to create forms/letters already written to easy the procedure so users can print them and sent them to the address we will also give them, or sending emails etc. this is similar to was peace and other kind of activist groups do.
some of the things we need:

1. someone that can write formal and professional  English
2. volunteers for the research of company's and snail and email addresses to sent letter to.
3. more ideas...

any help will be appreciated
Chris Fernandez
http://www.binaryfreedom.info

Ringo Kamens wrote:
I know that because gnewsense doesn't use non-free drivers there are lots of issues with compatibility. I know that the ubuntu database program automatically scans and makes a list of all the hardware. Would it be feasable to compare that to a database of hardware KNOWN to have problems with gnewsense and automatically make letters for users to send to companies urging them to open up? I know projects like binaryfreedom are in this domain, but getting something like that packaged with gnewsense to run on first-run might get a lot of emails in that activist projects might not get. I'm happy to help with research on companies, finding emails, maintaining the DB, etc. Just throwing it out, comments appreciated.
Ringo Kamens