[gNewSense-users] Request for information for my review of gNewSense

From: knolinuxguy
Subject: [gNewSense-users] Request for information for my review of gNewSense
Date: Mon, 06 Nov 2006 17:38:53 -0700

Hello bbrazil and ompaul (and anyone else who would like to help me)

I do reviews for various Linux distros on my website knolinux.com and
would like to ask a few questions of everyone so that I can put out
what the real goal of your distro is, since it mainly has the same
attributes/functions as many other Ubuntu based Linux systems.

1) What is your end goal with gNewSense?

2) I noticed you have FireFox included, does that mean you do not stand
behind the IceWeasel project and their issues with the FireFox Icon?

3) What are the plans to support PCI (imbedded) Wireless cards for
laptop users?

4) With the recent announcement of Novell and several people indicating
that their new policy of "licensing" to MicroSoft is actually a
violation of GPL, what will gNewSense do in regards to supporting
Evolution, Gnome, and and other Novell based software packages not
mentioned?

5) How do you feel about people adding proprietary or non-open source
packages to your distro in the future and is there any restriction in
your license restricted said practice?

If you don't want to respond that is understandable, but it would really
help get your message out.

Thanks in advance and best wishes on your new project. Oh, anyway I can
get the graphics that you use on your gdm splash in on my desktop. I
love that pic.

Cheers!!!!

KnoLinuxGuy (Kevin)
knolinux.com