Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Question about gNewSense 5 (Debian Stretch)

From: Paul Boddie
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Question about gNewSense 5 (Debian Stretch)
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2017 17:13:32 +0200

On Tuesday 11. April 2017 16.49.54 GREen MOnster Games wrote:
> > Any possibility of doing gNewSense 5 based on Debian Stretch and not in
> > the Jessie?
>
> I hope too for that. I have asked about the script-tools to modify
> gNewSense but the developers only wrote me the old script when It was
> ubuntu based.
> I am like you or other person that want help and support this project,
> but the developers must understand that, must learn that.

I agree with you on this.

It looks like the action takes place here:

http://bzr.savannah.gnu.org/lh/gnewsense/

Meanwhile, the gnewsense.org site is still super-slow to access, or actually
inaccessible for me at this moment, and yet a static page was deployed as the
front page of that site because of supposed (but unspecified) performance
problems with the wiki. That makes me wonder whether the actual performance
problems weren't more fundamental to the virtual hosting being used, despite
claims that the FSF infrastructure people would have noticed such problems and
flagged them.

Anyway, if things were a bit more transparent and distributed, people could at
least figure out some of the simple stuff for themselves and make modest
contributions. I still don't really know where to begin, and so I just decide
to spend my time on other things instead.

Paul