Re: [Gnewsense-dev] task #12794: List differences between Debian and gNe

From: Sam Geeraerts
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] task #12794: List differences between Debian and gNewSense
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2014 22:44:08 +0100

Op Mon, 17 Feb 2014 07:24:12 +0000
schreef rsiddharth <address@hidden>:

> I'm confused now.
>
> The new _get_src_pkgs function in override.py, which dynamically loads
> the packages, parses the new yaml format. Samgee, can you tell me
> exactly which changes should go in patch-1 and patch-2? I'll send a
> new set of patches.

You're right, the dynamic loading depends on the new yaml format.
Ignore my comment. :)

> I'll add gtkmm-2.4 to the new parkes.yaml. But ruby-opengl is not
> listed in the present version of parkes.yaml, under which category
> should I add it to in the new parkes.yaml file?

Sorry, my mistake. I added it to my private branch when I posted a bug
to Debian [1] which is now fixed. No need to add it.

> These packages are not in the present parkes.yaml, but are listed in
> the _src_pkgs list in _get_src_pkgs function in the present version of
> override.py:
>
> * apt-setup - Modified
> * python-apt - Modified
> * xserver-xorg-video-siliconmotion - Modified
> * yeeloong-base: Modified
>
> Should I add these packages to new parkes.yaml?

Yes, but only the packages we modify. I deleted the irrelevant ones
from your list above.

[1] https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=713820