[Gnewsense-dev] Installing Gnewsense on Macbook Air, keyboard dead durin

From: 白い熊
Subject: [Gnewsense-dev] Installing Gnewsense on Macbook Air, keyboard dead during install
Date: Sun, 08 Dec 2013 11:36:58 +0100

I'm trying to install Gnewsense to a late 2013 Macbook Air. Can't complete text
mode, or GUI mode, since the keyboard becomes dead after selecting the entry in
the splash menu. I.e. I can scroll the options in the boot splash menu, after
hitting enter when the first dialog is brought up the keyboard doesn't react to
any presses.

I remember having had similar issues installing Debian or Ubuntu in the past on
an older Macbook. These were solved by plugging in a USB keyboard for the
install. Now, however, even the USB keyboard goes dead.

I've tried:

expert acpi=off

and

expert noacpi

none of these two booting methods make any difference however.

Incidentally, the keyboard works fine if I boot into the Live session, so could
do the install from there... However I can't figure out how to start in expert
mode in the Live session, and I need expert as you MUST specify that GRUB be
installed to /dev/sda3 and NOT /dev/sda as otherwise the whole Macbook gets
messed up - been there.

Please, someone help me... I don't want to settle for Ubuntu...

Many thanks.
--
address@hidden