Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Spam on gnewsense wiki

From: nicalvaro
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Spam on gnewsense wiki
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2012 21:55:13 -0500 (EST)

> address@hidden wrote:
>> Since gnewsense has a small community, it may be easy to have people in
some way notify the mailing list or forums of what they intend to do,
before having their account activated.

> I'd hate to be faced with such a barrier and having to wait before my
account gets activated, so I'm not going to do that to other people.

So it sounds like modifying that idea to be automatic would be acceptable.

Have the user send an e-mail with a message why an account should be
created, if the mail filter catches it is as spam, ignore it, else the
system should send the user a new user account and password.