Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Debderiver

From: Sam Geeraerts
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Debderiver
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2011 22:25:15 +0100

Karl Goetz wrote:
On Tue, 20 Dec 2011 20:09:24 -0500
Cristian Paul PeƱaranda Rojas <address@hidden> wrote:
Building packages from source is not planned for the short term, but
is certainly an interesting feature to have.
Indeed

So far just saying at least for me it will make esier life :)

I strongly recommend forking/linking with an existing tool that will do
that for you.

For autobuilding you could look at rebuildd and debomatic.

For building from source packages look at pbuilder, pbuilder-dist and
cowbuilder, cowbuilder-dist.

This is more or less how I envision it: http://inodes.org/2009/09/14/building-a-private-ppa-on-ubuntu/

It's probably not very hard to integrate such a thing in debderiver while keeping its config file simple (which is much of its point).