Re: [Gnewsense-dev] ccache support patch for the Builder

From: Sam Geeraerts
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] ccache support patch for the Builder
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2010 22:00:46 +0200

Dmitry Samoyloff schreef:
Hello,

As far, as I've rebuilt new Gnash in the Builder several times already, ccache
is certainly of help for me. Attached is a small 2-line patch for the Builder
to support ccache.

Intersting idea. I have little experience with ccache. It's only useful from the second time on a package is compiled, right? Builder normally compiles a package only once. I'm curious to know what the ccache penalty is. If it makes Builder run a lot longer I'd rather not include it by default.

I guess ccache only works when the binaries are not removed between compiles. Builder removes $WORKINGDIR every time before building a package. Can you explain how ccache can do its thing then?