Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Bug in unmounting USB volumes

From: Sam Geeraerts
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Bug in unmounting USB volumes
Date: Tue, 08 Jun 2010 11:31:57 +0200

Richard Stallman schreef:
Every time I unmount a USB stick, it pops up a window saying "Can't
unmount volume".  The details say "Can't remove directory".  However,
in fact it does succeed in unmounting the volume, so the error message
is a lie.

- How do you mount a USB stick (e.g. automounted)?
- How do you unmount a USB stick (e.g. as regular user from a terminal, with sudo, as root, rightclicking on desktop icon, just pulling it out)?
- What kernel version do you use?
- What desktop environment do you use?

When I plug a USB stick into my Yeeloong GNOME automounts it. If I then do "sudo umount /media/disk/" in a terminal it unmounts without giving me a popup window.