[Gnewsense-dev] Trying to master the Builder

From: Dmitry Samoyloff
Subject: [Gnewsense-dev] Trying to master the Builder
Date: Tue, 25 May 2010 17:59:29 +0400

Hello,

Recently, I've backported gnash-0.8.7 to the gNewSense-2.3 and Sam Geeraerts
suggested me to make a patch for the Builder. The documentation I've found is
somewhat sparse, so let me ask some questions here (please pardon me if they
are stupid, I'm a newbie in gNewSense development ;-)).

1. The page [1] seems to be relevant to my task, but it describes modifying
the version of package that is already in the original distro. I need to add a
newer version of the package (supposedly to the backports repo), not just a
patched revision of the existing one. Can somebody point me to the example of
such a change being done to the gNewSense already?

2. Is it necessary to download all the GBs and rebuild everything else in a
distro to make my job done (adding a new version of a package to the backports
repo)?

Thanks in advance for your answers and patience :-)

[1] http://www.gnewsense.org/Builder/ModifyingANewPackage